FC SPEED WET POWDER
Package size: 30g | 1oz
Operating range: +10/-3°C | 50/25°F
Same as previous FC Wet powder, but with purified raw materials to comply with ECHA regulations on fluorocarbon substances, PFOA < 25ppb.
All snow types, from wet conditions all the way down to 3°C.
They minimize the surface energy of the ski base, making it super-hydrophobic and dirt-repelling. At the same time, they are excellent in cold conditions to reduce dry friction. The speed, glide sensitivity, and durability of the FC-powders are excellent in all weather conditions. With versatile application methods every skier will benefit, even the lightweight skiers.
Base preparation for Vauhti FC Speed powders:
- Clean the ski base thoroughly with Vauhti Clean&Glide cleaning and maintenance agent.
- Use an UF, HF or LF RACE product suitable for the snow type and humidity as the base wax.
- Scrape and brush the base wax layer carefully, start with roster or brass brush and polish with nylon brush.
Instructions for wet and humid conditions:
- Iron the powder in using so-called ‘full burn’, in which case the ironing takes for 15 – 20 seconds. The iron temperature should be approx. 170 – 180°C.
- Cool the skis thoroughly and carefully scrape away excess powder.
- Brush by roto horsehair brush. Continue with roto nylon brush and finalize the surfaces to a slightly matt condition by roto horsehair brush (matt surface is more hydrophobic as compared to glossy one).
- When brushing by hand, open the glide surfaces by roster brush; continue with nylon brush and use a horsehair brush or roster brush for the slightly matt surface.