How to maintain your downhill skis and snowboards
- Apply the Clean & Glide glide surface cleaner either directly to the bottom of the ski or snowboard or to a polishing cloth.
- Wipe the bottom of the ski or board clean with a polishing cloth.
- Also clean the sides of the ski or board.
- Allow the glide surface cleaner to dry.
- Finally, brush the ski or board with a nylon brush until it is shiny.
Waxing of alpine skis and snowboards with a solid wax
It is a good idea to clean the bottom of your board or skis before applying a new solid glide wax.
Note: the ski or snowboard must be well secured to a waxing stand.
Once the base is clean, add the desired glide wax as follows:
- Apply the selected wax to the bottom of the ski with a waxing iron.
- Allow the wax to cool off.
- Scrape the excess wax with a acrylic scraper.
- Brush well first with a metal brush, e.g. a brass brush, and finally with a nylon brush
Waxing of alpine skis and snowboards with liquid wax
- Shake the bottle well
- Use the sponge on the bottle to spread the selected liquid glide wax on to the bottom of the ski or board.
- Allow the wax to dry sufficiently
- Brush well with a nylon brush